Every person and every organisation has a part to play in protecting the environment and seeking to avoid the worst effects of climate change. We can make a positive difference by building new homes for low-carbon living, investing in better insulation and renewable energy for existing properties, minimising waste and maximising re-use and recycling.
Live green will see us significantly increase the numbers of homes with Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of ‘C’ or above. We’ll also work with customers to make sure they know how best to use new building technologies and systems to live well in warmth and comfort they can afford.
To deliver the live green strategy, we’ll:
- Define our carbon zero journey to 2050
- Reduce our organisational footprint by 2025
- Use data and insight to increase the percentage of customers benefitting from affordable warmth
- Progress plans to ensure all Greatwell homes achieve a minimum ‘C’ EPC rating by 2030
- Investigate other ways to support customers and communities in achieving net zero
- Build ‘zero-carbon-ready’ new homes
Our four core strategies support our mission and vision, and how we’ll measure success.